The Coalition works to facilitate and support collaborative initiatives that promote the healthy, drug-free well being of children and families in the Rockdale community.
Purpose and Goals
The Coalition exists to serve as Rockdale County’s official planning body for services to children, youth and families, as a coordinating organization for the various organizations and agencies which provide services to children, youth and families in the county and as a provider of educational and consulting services in the field of child and family development to the public and to service providers. The Coalition will establish policies and administer programs based on the following goals:
- To coordinate substance abuse/use prevention strategies for youth and families in Rockdale County.
- To provide educational programs to provide the public and service providers with information that help to build strong and healthy children and families.
- To maintain a data base of statistics and information regarding child and family development in Rockdale County for use by the public, local government and service provider agencies in the planning of services for children and families.
- To maintain a reference and resource collection regarding best practices in the field of child and family development for use by the public and service providers.
- To provide consultation and technical assistance to the public and to service providers regarding services, resources and best practices in the field of child and family development and community building.
- To coordinate the efforts of service providing organizations and agencies in order to best serve the varied needs of Rockdale County’s children and families.
- To establish and maintain a mechanism for coordinating the delivery and planning of services to children, youth, and families by the coalition’s member agencies.
- To facilitate the establishment of policies and practices in the delivery of services which support and encourage families to take an active role in the design and implementation of specific service plans to meet their needs and which involve families in a meaningful way in the planning of services and the development of policies regarding service delivery.
- To act to assure that various sectors of the community are represented and invested in efforts to assure the well-being of Rockdale County’s children and families.
- To provide an efficient method of facilitating collaboration while minimizing the demands on the time and energy of agency and community leaders.
- To provide for broad participation in inter-agency collaboration at all levels.
- To improve public awareness of the services and programs provided by the Coalition member agencies through educational activities and collaborative media campaigns.
- To facilitate the development of collaborative responses to meet the needs of Rockdale County’s children and families.
- To seek funding to support the Coalition and to fund services to meet the needs of Rockdale County’s children, youth, and families.